[mythtv-users] [DESPARATE] Is anyone using an ATI TVout with Xorg 6.8?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Mar 5 18:23:07 UTC 2005

We've just upgraded our Mythbox from SuSE 9.1 to 9.1.

We had *enough* trouble trying to get TVout on our Radeon 9200SE clone
to work in the first place; ATI's 3.14.6 drivers will do TVout just
fine (in fact, we scarcely had any trouble on the TVout side -- the
card syncs up from boot, automagically), but they don't seem to do Xv
overlay properly.  All we get is a navy blue panel on the screen, where
the video is supposed to be, no matter how we set up the configuration
file.

Notably, *those* drivers won't work with a configuration file which
works just fine on ATI's 3.9.0 drivers.

Well, come along 9.2, and now we've got Xorg 6.8.1, instead.

And there are two ATI driver releases for it: 8.8.25 and 8.10.19.

Both give me the Big Blue Band.

I've tried playing with several config file options I found in postings
on the net, including PseudoColorVisuals (which was already off), and
XaaNoOffScreenPixmaps (which the driver ignores).  No luck.

My sister is at the end of my rope (it's her box).

I'm about to rip Xorg out by the roots, and go back to the 4.3.99 that
was in 9.1 (which will not be especially pleasant), unless anyone has
the magic bullet.  I'll listen happily to suggestions, but I'd really
like to hear "Sure; I'm doing this: here's my config file".  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me