[mythtv-users] Script to refresh MythMusic database?

Jon Hoyt jonhoyt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 16:30:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a Myth box running in my living room (with no keyboard).  I
maintain my music collection, updating tags, etc. from another machine
on the network.  After making changes to mp3 or flac tags, they don't
show up in MythMusic until I dump the database and rescan.  I ssh to
my Myth box and then:

mysql -u root mythconverg
       delete from musicmetadata;
       exit;

Then I go into the living room and run a rescan.  This takes a while
becasue I have a large music collection (~8000 songs).

So my first question is, does anyone know a way to rescan the database
from a terminal window?

My next question is, does anybody have a script, or would be willing
to write one, that will do these two steps?  It would be great to have
a cron job run at 4 am everyday to update any changes from the
previous day.  Unfortunately, I know nothing about scripting, or
mySQL, or I'd write it myself.

Thanks,

Jon

--