[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: MythTV as Senior Project?

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sat Mar 5 15:51:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:43:06 -0800, Brad Templeton wrote:
> There are probably other programs out there, but if somebody wants
> to code this, I wrote a C program long ago that controls the x-10 serial
> controller on linux that could be used.    Certainly for people who want
> to show off a home theatre effect it would be cool.  The serial controller,
> unfortunately, does not let you bring lights down.  If you ask it to set
> a given dimmer setting, it first makes the light full bright, then drops
> it down to the dimmer setting.  So you can bring the lights down but only
> bring them full up fast.  Different hardware is less restrictive.

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing then I'm writing an
automation server with which I'm planning to do pretty much everything
people have asked for here. (Including integration with mythweb and myth
itself at some point.)

It's fully event based, written in C++ with embedded Python for
scripting, and is GPL. It's still alpha at the moment and therefore
unreleased, but it works in my house. Only does X10 at the moment, but
plenty of other stuff planned.

Please email me off list if you're interested in joining in with this.

Cheers,

Martin.