[mythtv-users] IR blaster questions

Scott Roland scatterlined at mac.com
Sat Mar 5 00:44:09 UTC 2005

I am setting up a machine to work with a Sky Italia satellite receiver.
I am trying to decide on which IR blaster to get. Although the USB-UIRT
looks like it has the best engineering:
   http://www.usbuirt.com/

I really like the idea of the Red-Eye serial sitting right in front of
the IR receiver on the Sky Italia box:
   http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial/

Is there another option I am missing?

Is it possible to drive multiple blasters? I would like to have the
MythTV machine send some commands to the large TV as well as the SKY
box, but am trying to figure out how I can physically arrange things so
that a single blaster can reach both.

I have a Hauppauge 350 card, so I have the option of using its receiver,
  will that serve my needs?

I bought a TiVo/DirecTV remote because I think it is physically the best
thing going, but now I am wondering if I should find a learning remote
that can send the commands I want directly to the TV (in particular the
16:9 scaling button).

Thanks in advance.
--
Scott Roland