[mythtv-users] Commercial cutting & DVD burning

Praveen Shenoy pshenoy2 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 22:19:42 UTC 2005

After spending a few hours digging thru the archives on this topic, I
still didn't find any discussion that had concise steps to cutting
commercials and burning dvd. I am sure people out there are doing this.
I have a PVR-350 and I want to burn the movies I record to a dvd after
cutting the commercials.  I don't want to lose any quality. I want the
resulting mpeg after cutting the commercials to be still mpeg-2 and not
mpeg-4. I can copy the file to windows and use pinnacle studio or
something like that to dtect scenes and then edit out the commercials,
but that is too much work and takes time. I don't much time to spare on
this given that we have a 1 year old who keeps us busy and then work
too. I would appreciate if anybody out there is already doing this and
share a mini-howto of cutting commercials out of the mpeg2 files output
by the pvr-350 and then burning them to a dvd.

Thanks in advance
Praveen