[mythtv-users] Is it legal to archive and collect episodes?

sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 20:42:01 UTC 2005

Is it legal to archive and collect episodes?

I've read alot of references that it is and that it isn't, legal.
I can see how we have fair use to record a show for our personal use, but doesn't collecting episodes go beyond that? Especially when the same series is retailed on DVD...

I guess, vice versa, if we have the right to record/collect, then the retails DVD they are only marketing the convenience of the whole set on DVD and bonus content that may come with them.