[mythtv-users] HELP about TV output

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 4 16:29:30 UTC 2005

Ashu Desai wrote:

>Hello guys,
>A newbie here. I wrote a couple of weeks back, and although a few guys
>tried to help me, it didnt work. My appeal again:
>
>I am running pvr-250 (980) on a P3-650 Mhz-640 Mb RAM computer. When I
>watch TV or the recording (since it's going to record the way it comes
>on TV), I get a blue line on the left side the the upper side. Someone
>suggested xattr thing with an "&" at the end; but that didn't work.
>Someone also suggested modifying the /usr/bin/nVidia-Settings-1.0-6629
>file but that didn't work either. I am at at brickwall now. Nothing
>works and I hate watching my myth tv now with that bar....
>
>SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
>
>Any help is appreciated as always...
>
>Thanks,
>Ash.

What nvidia chipset does you setup use?  If it's geforce 4 or greater,
use the overscan option in the xorg.conf file.
For example:

Section "Device"
 Identifier  "Videocard0"
 Driver      "nvidia"
 VendorName  "Chaintech"
 BoardName   "nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440"
 Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
 # TV Out Setup
 Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
 Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
 Option      "TVOverScan" "0.5"
 EndSection

Increase the value by .05 until the lines disappears.

Calvin...