[mythtv-users] Program Guide Whilst Playing scaling problem

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 16:25:43 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 11:00, Robert Johnston wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:50:41 -0500, Joseph A. Caputo
> <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Friday 04 March 2005 9:01, Robert Johnston wrote:
> > > I've noticed this in both 0.16 and 0.17. When the capture size is
> > > 480x480, the "Now Playing" display in the program guide is
> > > complete.
> > > However, when the capture size is 720x480, you only get the
> > > left-half
> > > of the capture, and it is stretched to fill the box, thereby
> > > distorting the image.
> > >
> > > It's only a small thing (for now).
> > >
> > > This happened with NVidia XvMC (for 0.16) and without (For 0.17)
> >
> > Let me guess, you have the setting "Separate modes for GUI and
> > Playback"
> > turned on, don't you?
>
> The option "Use GUI size for TV playback" is on, though toggling that
> option makes no difference to the exhibited behaviour.

"Use GUI size for TV playback", IIRC, only applies if you're running the
frontend in a window (i.e., not fullscreen).  "Separate modes for GUI
and Playback" uses XRandR to change the resolution of your display
based on whether you're in GUI or Playback mode.  The question is, do
you have it turned on?  If so, try turning it off.

-JAC