[mythtv-users] funky xmltv/dvb problems

Peter Gusa peterg at aanet.com.au
Fri Mar 4 15:21:48 UTC 2005

Hi Guys,

New here so go easy on me in case this has been answered before.

Got everything working fine except downloading the tv guide.

Ive scanned for DVB channels and they have all appeared OK. I punch in the
XMLTV name that each channel needs (freesd.Brisbane.7.d1.com.au for example)

I then download the xml guide manually using tv_grab_au (tried it
automatically, same problem happens), all the data seems good. I use
mythfilldatabase -file 0 -1 guide.xml and it loads all the data into
mythconverg

Now here it gets hairy, instead associating the programs with the DVB
channels already in the channel table, it creates a new set of channels with
the same names as the DVB ones with new chanid, but no channel number, and
the callsign is the same as its chanid.

Ive had no luck with manually editing the values in the channel table. For
starters I couldn't find where all the DVB channel or transport data is
stored.

If anyone has any insight as to how mythfilldatabase works, the help would
be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Peter G