[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: MythTV as Senior Project?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:52:46 UTC 2005

I've got a much simpler Wish List feature that I could probably hack
together myself if I had the time.

I use MythMusic all the time, and would really like it if it could
support a sort of multiple playlist feature, something like in a bar
jukebox. Let me explain.

 I've got several hundred albums on my Myth box now, and I'll usually
pick out fifteen or twenty albums and have the tracks play randomly.
Which is great -- it sure kicks the hell out of the old five-disc
changer I used to use.

But what I'd like to do is add a feature that would let you pick
individual tracks and/or albums and send them to a queue. As long as
there is something in the queue, Myth would play those first. When the
queue is empty, it will go back to randomly playing the base playlist.

I'm no great shakes as a programmer (actually, barely any shakes at
all), but it doesn't seem to me that this would be too hard of an idea
to implement. It would greatly increase the usability of MythMusic,
and would surely be easier than putting together an AI troubleshooter,
although that is also a very good idea.

Best of luck,