[mythtv-users] Re: How slow can we go, cpu wise? P2-333?

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Fri Mar 4 14:16:15 UTC 2005

* Andrew Lynch <lynchaj at yahoo.com> [2005-03-04 08:06]:
> Hi,
> I just completed a project installing and successfully
> running MythTV on a P2-266 and it worked great.
>
> I am going to make a webpage documenting this install
> as it was a lot of fun.

I think it's important to note that your capture card has an MPEG-2
chip.  So are you using it to capture your content, or are you using
your CPU to crunch video into MPEG-4?  I'm guessing the ladder,
because I would expect you to be capable of capturing at a higher
resolution if you used your hardware encoder.