[mythtv-users] gopdit, for MPEG-2 -> MPEG-2 cutting

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Mar 4 13:26:07 UTC 2005

> Or we could add a command line option to gopdit to read directly from the
> database?  If only I had time... :-(

 	Doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult.  In the interim,
I think it'd be easier to do a 2-step process... convert a myth cutlist to
a "normal" cutlist, then import it into gopdit.  I'm not really excited
about requiring gopdit to use the database... more integration means more
house of cards..... keep it simple.

 	I also do all of my "processing" offline.  My mythbox is at home,
un-networked, and no burners or much HD space.  I bring .nuv/.sql files
into school where my real machine is to process/burn, so reading .sql
files directly is a less integrated approach.

 	Of course, once the functionality is rolled into MythTV, it's a
nonissue.  Basically, if this could be done well, a "lossless transcode"
right from MythTV would actually *delete* the original file.  Then the
resulting .nuv would already be ready to roll.

-Cory