[mythtv-users] PIDs missing along with dvb_channel data

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Fri Mar 4 11:35:57 UTC 2005

ikke wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:28:51PM +0000, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
>

>>On Thursday 03 Mar 2005 21:13, ikke wrote:
>>

>>>Some difference now: I manually added multiplex id into channel table, Now
>>>the mythbackend gets multiplex lock, but looses it and complains:
>>>

>>Why not use the channel setup gui rather than editing the database?
>>

>Channel setup screen does not have option for e.g. multiplex id. Channel
>setup does not fill anything for the last three columns in channel db. Nor
>does the mythfilldatabase either. I wonder if they should. By editing database
>directly I can change those, that's why I tried it.
>
>Probably I'm doing something wrong here, it would be great if someone would
>check the my channel settings against the url I have provided couple of times.

Looks like you didn't set the serviceid for your channels?

Do yourself a favor and forget about "mythfilldatabase --manual" and
entering data manually. Do a truncate on the channel and dtv_multiplex
tables and let the channel scan from setup create the channels in the
db. It will automatically set mplexid, transportid, serviceid and
everything else needed.

If you need to fix up the channels somehow (change names/numbers, add
icons, set xmltvids, whatever) it should be perfectly okay to modify the
channels afterwards but you need to let the channel scanner create them.