[mythtv-users] HELP!! Myth deleting all my shows after upgrade!

Joshua Johnson enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Fri Mar 4 07:14:52 UTC 2005

I upgraded to MythTV 0.17 several days ago.  Since the upgrade, it has
been deleting all my newly recorded shows almost immediately (it seems
to be keeping only 1-3 newly recorded shows).  On some shows the
recording has been deleted (along with the other new recordings) while
watching the show.  Is it possible Myth is picking up my new shows for
auto deletion and ignoring my old shows???  I have a ton of material
that should be expired before anything new.  I have set Myth to prompt
me to delete at the end of the show, and I still see the problem.
Sometimes it will prompt me to delete a show that it has already deleted.

On the upgrade to 0.17 I completely wiped my backend machine end
installed Debian testing on it.  I then installed the mythtv-backend
Debian packages.  Could the deletion of new shows be related to the
reinstallation of the backend?  I have been using Myth for quite some
time over many revisions and my DB has proably accumulated some cruft,
could the issue be a problem with the DB upgrade process?

Myth shows nothing of interest in the log except it logs an error if it
deletes a show I am currently watching because it can't find the PNG
preview.   Version 0.16 would write to the log when it was autoexpiring
something, does 0.17 do this?

Here is how my system is set up:
Backend:
Debian Testing
PVR-250
WinTV-Go
432 GB of RAID5 on NFS mount (15 GB Free)

XBox Frontend
Xebian
using Debian MythTV Packeages

Other frontends not yet upgraded to 0.17.

Any suggestions/pointers/flames gratefully accepted.