[mythtv-users] MPEG4 playback over Hauppauge PVR 350

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Fri Mar 4 04:19:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 03:52 +0100, Bernd Müller wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I've heard about some mythtv-users successfully playing back MPEG4 video files
> over the ivtv-fb of the Hauppauge PVR 350 using a realtime MPEG2 conversion.
> Does anybody know a good starting point where to get more information, e.g.
> required converters (mencoder, transcode), scripts etc.

Well I don't have a 350 but from what I can tell if your using something
called ivtv-fb the last two digits probably stand for framebuffer, so
your video would likely be sent to the the frame buffer on the card.
There shouldn't be any mpeg4- mpeg2 converstion or anything like that,
just the decoding into a rgb or yuv colorspace and the video being sent
to the card.  I think I vaguely remember you needing a little faster
machine than you might otherwise to handle mpeg4 through one of these.

Someone can correct me if I get anything wrong here...