[mythtv-users] parts list

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Thu Mar 3 20:05:44 UTC 2005

Bryce wrote:

> Comments? Any recommendation for a decent, quiet, psu for somewhere
> between $40-60?

That's pretty low dollar value for a *quiet* power supply.  If you want
quiet, in general you have to pay for it.  On the high end is Antec with
the Phantom 350 (140USD), completely fanless.  A PC Power Cooling
Silencer 360W will run you $65; though you could conceivably run using a
310W which is cheaper still.  An antec true power 330 which is an *ok*
power supply goes for as low as $55.  Antec and PPC are the only power
supplies I use regularly, I'm sure others will chime in with more
recommendations.

The physical weight of the power supply is an indication of it's quality
in most cases.  My new PPC 470W Silencer weighs in at just over 4lbs.

> Thanks for all the input!

Your welcome.

Yan