[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: MythTV as Senior Project?

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:12:44 UTC 2005

What about just a fix to the problem with multiplexing mpeg2? I think
it basically boils down to "there is no decent tool to accomplish
this", so as a result anyone that wants to record the hauppauge mpeg2
recordings to a dvd have to use avidemux, which never seems to work
right and doesn't have a console-only mode for doing cutlists and
simple multiplexing.

I imagine a transcoder/multiplexer type utility would be a good
project for a compilers course, since it's all about compiler
efficiency when you can get a frame per second rate in the output

 - Jeff

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:02:34 +0000, Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could try to fix something which gives problem:
>
> When I use mythtranscode + mencoder to encode movies to mpeg2, there
> is a sudden noise at the beginning of the recording. This can be
> removed by making the sound coming from mythtranscode to have fade-in
> effect. This is just a suggestion.
>
> VJ

email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites