[mythtv-users] Broadcast Flag Article mentions MythTV and quotes Issac

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:02:53 UTC 2005

> Oh.  The writer is a policy analyst for EFF.  No *wonder* the piece is
> so good.  :-)

Yeah, but he makes that plenty clear, heh.

> Well, I blogged it, and posted it on mythtv.info; let's hope it gets
> some traction in the media.  Thanks for the pointer.

Agreed. The whole broadcast flag thing is retarded. What ever happened
to the day where you could buy a reception device without paying for
the content? Radio, OTA TV, are all a dying breed... :(

I guess their feeling is, if the commercials are paying for the
content, and people are outsmarting the commercials (albeit still
paying for content reception in many cases), then they'll just make
you watch the commercials and not allow you to record. I guess they
forgot about the millions of people that work while "must see TV" is
being aired and require alternatives for later viewing.

-Kenneth