[mythtv-users] Bob and artifacts

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Thu Mar 3 15:19:18 UTC 2005

John Kuhn wrote:

> it seems to be the best of the bunch for me.. picture quality seems as
> good as the source (which isnt that great) what looks even better is
> using bob with xvmc.. but that's a trick i cant seem to pull off yet..
> xvmc causes lockups and strange issues when the osd is displayed

Hm, maybe I'll give it another shot sometime.

What version of the Nvidia drivers are you using?
Any special options?
What resolution?   (I'm in 640x480....   NTSC land)

My input video is digital cable, and the picture goes to my (non-HD) TV
via sVideo.   So maybe with my particular setup I can more easily see
the resolution loss when using bob?   (with or without xvmc)

Thanks
-WD