[mythtv-users] [OT] 1080i

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 14:36:56 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 18:00, Josh Burks wrote:

> I hope Leadtek has improved the quality of fans they put on their
> cards. We have ~2 Dozen white box oem pc's that came with Leadtek
> nvidia cards. Over half of them growl, due to bearing/bushing failure.
> The noise drives my co-workers nuts. On average, the fans went south
> around 6 months old.
>
> Just an FYI...

Yeah, the fan on my Leadtek GF4MX-420 card went bad... not sure when;
I'm sure it had something to do with the X lockups I was seeing all the
time.  I don't think the heat was too bad unless I tried to do anything
with OpenGL.  I finally noticed it when I rebuilt my system; not only
was the fan not running, but the caps were going bad as well.  The card
is in for RMA now; can't wait to get it back because the TVout blew
away my current onboard nForce2 with the new NV18 encoder chip.
If/when I do get it back, I may change out the fan for some passive
cooling as a preemptive measure.

-JAC