[mythtv-users] MythTV review from a long-time TiVo user

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 01:36:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:20:21 -0600 (CST), Bob Cottingham
<bob at bobnvic.com> wrote:
> Donavan Stanley said:
> > Myth will allow your existing screensaver to kick in as needed,
> > provided you have one of course.
>
> This doesn't appear to be entirely accurate to me. I believe that Myth
> only supports DPMS. If you turn on screensavers in KDE or use
> xscreensaver, the screensaver will kick in regardless of whether you are
> watching a show or not. I tried this again last night just to be sure and
> it started up 10 mintutes into our TV show.

I've just done a quick instrumentation of the code and verified that
the calls are being made to disable/enable the screensaver properly as
well as turn off dpms.  Why they're not working for all users, I'm not
sure and right now I'm too tired to dig into it.