[mythtv-users] [OT] 1080i

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 3 00:19:16 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 15:00, Josh Burks wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:01:18 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Just curious, where did you find NVidia cards that can do component
> > > output? Google and Newegg aren't turning much up.
> >
> > NewEgg.
> >
> > http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-216&depa
> >=1
>
> I hope Leadtek has improved the quality of fans they put on their
> cards. We have ~2 Dozen white box oem pc's that came with Leadtek
> nvidia cards. Over half of them growl, due to bearing/bushing failure.
> The noise drives my co-workers nuts. On average, the fans went south
> around 6 months old.

I heard something similar from someone else about their fans being noisy. If I
have to, I'll go down to the local Fry's and get a passive cooling kit. Been
there, done that before. No biggie if the card will do what I want (namely
native component out w/overscan control, flicker filter, etc.).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...