[mythtv-users] MPEG 4 over USB for the Mac?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:47:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:27:41 -0500, Bob O'Shaughnessy <oshaug at gmail.com> wrote:
> This: http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/03/01/evolutiontv/index.php
> seems very interesting.  The Mac Mini meets the minimum requirements.
>
> Would this make a Mini-based Myth frontend/backend slightly more possible?

It's my understanding that the main holdup to a Mac-based Myth backend
is connecting the native Mac drivers for this or any other TV capture
device into Myth backend. Once someone does that, I suspect the rest
shouldn't be as difficult.

That said, I haven't looked at the code. My comments are based on what
I've read from Isaac and others on the subject.

Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MUG