[mythtv-users] Problem Is DirecTV [was: LiveTV - blank screen only]

Sarah Roberts sarah.roberts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:08:04 UTC 2005

Problem identified.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier that this would pose a
problem, but I am a DirecTV user.  As such, taking the coax cable
directly to my PVR-350 is just _not_ going to work.  The image is not
tuned and I cannot change channels.

What I assume I need to do is to go from cable to DirecTV decoder box,
and from decoder box to my MythTV box.  From what I've gleaned from
other posts on the archive, I understand I also need a serial cable
from the decoder box to my MythTV box in order for channel changing to
take place.

I have yet to find a _comprehensive_ guide to setup in a DirecTV
environment; rather, I've seen a bunch of vague descriptions and
allusions to the fact that it can be done.  Being of relative low
skill, however, I really need the step-by-step.  Does anyone know of a
good resource?

Thanks,
Sarah