[mythtv-users] mplayer options when xvideo fails

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 14:47:27 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 17:26, kedlm at charter.net wrote:
> > > I am currrently trying to display HD on my 36" Tube TV.
> As in boring old NTSC TV.  I cannot drive it at HD resolutions!  It is
> not an HD TV.  Hence my need to scale.

Sorry; I went back and read your original post... I assumed that since
you were trying to use mplayer that you were playing DVD rips, which
would not be HD.  I didn't realize you were trying to play
Myth-recorded HD content with mplayer.  Looks like Xv is your only
answer (well, besides getting a new TV or new video card...).  Too bad
SDL & OpenGL didn't give you good results.

-JAC