[mythtv-users] Rebuilding a borked database

Wed Mar 2 04:51:01 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I think my mythtv database has become corrupted.  I'd like to rebuild
it from scratch.  I have a backup that is about a week old, but I think
things have changed enough in that week that it doesn't solve my
problem.

   Rescanning for channels isn't too hard.  Adding back all the
scheduled recordings isn't too hard (although it may be a little time
consuming).  The program guide can just be re-loaded from the net.  The
real issue is how to re-add the currently recorded programs when I
re-build the database.

   I looked on the web for rebuilding mythtv databases and I couldn't
find anything.  Does anyone have a HOWTO or other set of instructions
on how to fix up this db?  I want to have a fair idea of what I'm doing
before I start playing with this too much :).

Thanks,

Will          :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering