[mythtv-users] Occasionally jumpy recordings with PVR-350

Alex Harford harford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:51:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:16:32 -0500, Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, I'm not using that because I'm wanting transcode the recordings,
> > and watch DVD's, avis, etc.
>
> I can watch DVD's on mine as well as avi's. I can rip a DVD to the
> hard drive, or watch it through the dvd-drive.
>
> I don't transcode them after I record them though. I have my settings
> tweaked to 1G per hour of video. Not sure if this is good, but it's
> better than the 2.5 I started with.

I'm going to do my best to stick with the current setup since it does
work about 90% of the time.

Plus, transcoding gives me about 380mb/hr so I'm going to keep doing that.

I suspect it may be my Celeron processor with the 533MHz FSB that
isn't fast enough for the PVR-350 to play non-MPEG2 files... so I'm
not going to go there unless *absolutely* necessary.

Alex