[mythtv-users] mythfrontend can't connect to database

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:23:59 UTC 2005

----Original Message Follows----
From: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz at gmail.com>
To: sean darcy <seandarcy at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythfrontend can't connect to database
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:38:01 +1100

>what is the logged error message?
>if you run
>ps ax | grep mythbackend
>
>what do you get?

mythbackend is up and running, filling mythbackend.log with messages. ps ax
shows its pid.

It's mythfrontend.   In Setup it keeps telling me that it can't connect to
the database- first page of setup.  I fill in the data, localhost, mythtv,
mythtv and mythconverg ,  and it still doesn't like it.

But...I was running feb 28 cvs. I tried the 0.17 release.  There it Just
Worked. It seems to be a regression in cvs from the release.

sean