[mythtv-users] Adding a button to MythTV .17 (MythTivo button)

John Keyburn mythtv at keyburn.net
Tue Mar 1 17:24:10 UTC 2005

Hello guys,
   I have mythtv .17 and installed the mythtivo plugin.  I am using the
classic view for my menus and can not get the tivo button to show up
anywhere.  I used to be able to do it with mythtv 15, but I guess since
the layout had some reworking I am having trouble.  Here is a snip of
the relevant part of the howto file I've put together with the help of a
friend, its not finished yet, but when it is I'l be willing to post it
for anyone else who wants to access their tivo recordings thru myth.
Changes have been made, initially the offset in buttondef was 60, 20
pasted into the theme.xml also initially I was putting the button in
mainmenu.xml but have tried tvmenu.xml

any help would be appreciated,
John

<snip>
Copy tivo.png to my theme dir
   <heres what mine looks like, yours may differ>
     #  cp tivo.png /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue/

Edit your theme file.
   <heres what mine looks like, yours may differ>
       #  vi /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue/theme.xml
       Copy this xml block to your theme file.

   <buttondef name="TIVO">
    <image>tivo.png</image>
    <offset>20,10</offset>
   </buttondef>

Edit your tvmenu file.
   <heres what mine looks like, yours may differ>
     #  vi /usr/share/mythtv/tvmenu.xml
     Copy this xml block to your tvmenu file.
   <button>
     <type>TIVO</type>
     <text>TiVo</text>
     <action>PLUGIN mythtivo</action>