[mythtv-users] Weird audio problem

Ijaaz A. Ullah ijaaz at digitalmethods.com
Tue Mar 1 16:55:02 UTC 2005

I have a strange problem.  Whenever I restart mythbackend there's no sound
in live TV or in any recordings.

I've discovered that if I just restart the backend and leave it, any new
recordings will not have any sound.  If I watch live TV there will not be
any sound either.

The only way around this has been to restart the backend, go to a frontend
client, go to live TV and change the channel.  Once I change a channel,
everything works like it should from that point on.

Anyone have any ideas?  I don't even know where to start looking