[mythtv-users] RE: Upcoming Recordings is Blank

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Mar 1 16:30:22 UTC 2005

Scott Carr wrote:
> I went into Set Priorities like you stated and found where the Power
> Search items were and removed them.  Now my Upcoming Recordings has been
> working properly.

Good.

> I believe I found the culprit also.  When I went into the Custom Record
> the first time, I had no clue what I was doing, and thought I was building
> a complete Where Clause.

It is actually a small piece added to TUQ (The Ugly Query AKA BUQ,
Big Ugly Query), the huge complex query that is the heart of the
scheduler. There are a couple other clauses that come before this.

> For some reason, I thought I needed to remove the leading AND from the
> clause.  I believe this is what caused my problems.  I only did this on
> the first Power Search I tried, then I realized what was happening.
>
> What Should be set:
> AND program.title LIKE '%Junkyard%'
>
> What I had:
> program.title LIKE '%Junkyard%'
>
> I believe this caused the search to fail totally, and cause the issue I
> was seeing.

Correct, it would. In the meantime, I got around to doing a few
things I've been meaning to do. One of them is to do a quick NULL
query so that the syntax is checked before continuing. If this
test results in an error, a page comes up to print the MySQL DB
error message. For Test, this is more helpful than just seeing a
program list with no results and not knowing why. For Record, this
prevents going to the options page if the query is going to be
invalid. In current CVS, your example would show a message saying
that there was a syntax error near program.title .

--  bjm