[mythtv-users] [Improving] The Current State of Myth -> DVD

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 16:06:16 UTC 2005

http://www.interlinkelectronics.com/products/retail/rfkeyboard.htm

> Wow, $200 for a keyboard/pointer combo on a box I
> don't plan to type on
> very often?  Sounds like a hard investment to
> justify.  Do you think
> it's worth it?  I have thought about getting a combo
> wireless
> keyboard/pointer, but I don't want to spend that
> much.
I bought the Versapoint a couple of years ago, at the
time I had an IR BTC 5113:

http://www.clubic.com/article-14671-1-clavier-sans-fil-btc-5113.html

The good thing about the BTC was that it only cost 20
dollars and had a really good design for a home
theatre PC, the bad thing was that it only had a range
of about 6 feet while my couch was 8 feet away from
the IR receiver.

I wanted a keyboard that would allow typing of emails
from the couch or the dining room table, 8 or 16 feet
range respectively.  Also, I wasn't using MythTV back
then, it was still very early days and so I had a
combination of myHTPC and some other programs that
were approximating an HTPC on Win2K.  Since Win2K is
all GUI configured you really need a keyboard and
mouse if you want to do anything.  The Versapoint RF
was the only one that I was sure would give me the
range that I wanted.

That was the past, the situation is different today,
today I'd buy the LiteOn SK7551, despite being IR it
has a range of 30 feet or so and only costs about 25
dollars, assuming that you can find it for sale:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-114&depa=1