ALSA mixer is 'default' (again) Re: [mythtv-users] Sound woes

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Mar 1 13:02:37 UTC 2005

On 3/1/2005 12:38 AM, Sammo wrote:

>> Changed /dev/dsp to ALSA:default and then myth gives an error with
>> /dev/mixer (set in the lower part of the screen) same as your error.
>> Tried to change /dev/mixer to ALSA:default as well and it didn't like
>> that either.
>

> You'll also need to uncheck the "Use internal volume controls" checkbox.
> You will see that the mixer settings disappear (they're not needed i
> guess becos of the external alsa mixer??).

Or you could do what I've said on this list a few times now and set the
mixer to 'default'.  You can use the internal volume controls with ALSA
in 0.17 (at least for analog sound output and some card's digital output).

I guess I shouldn't have made the mixer configurable for ALSA.  I
haven't found a case yet where we need to set it to anything other than
default.

--
David