[mythtv-users] Remote mappings

Tony Rein trein at one.net
Tue Mar 1 05:17:07 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 10:15 pm, Thom Paine wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:45:58 -0600, Andy Long <andymyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Open the lircrc file.  Look for the "Guide" button entry for mythtv.
> > Whatever the current command is (I think it's set to " i ' right now)
> > change it to an M.  you'll need to reload lirc for it to take effect
> > (reboot or depmod).
> >
> > Info on it here  http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1
> > See the part under "Watching TV or a recording" about bringing up the
> > EPG.  More info on EPG a little further down in the doc too.
> >
> > -
>
> I'd like to get xine working with the remote. Currently all the info
> in the lircrc file is geared to mplayer, and as per Jarrod's guide, I
> switched to xine for the menu's for the DVD player.

Attached is my ~/.mythtv/lircrc file. It is basically Jarod's with only one or
two changes, other than the xine stuff added on at the end. As I recall, I
had to mess around with "man xine" and read through xine's example config
files to figure out what to put in here. It works pretty well for me, but
then I've never had a "real" DVD player, so I probably don't know how it's
really supposed to work.

--Tony