[mythtv-users] I think mythweb 0.17 is killing mythbackend

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Tue Mar 1 04:14:15 UTC 2005

Will Dormann wrote:
> I've followed a few red herrings so far, such as a crummy NIC, Stale NFS
> file handle errors, and the very latest being a possible problem with
> libmysqlclient:

Ok, so the latest status of this issue...

I've downgraded my system to MythTV 0.16 and the problem persists!
Mythbackend just won't stay running.   I get no core dumps, and gdb
doesn't seem to properly be able to handle mythbackend's threads.   I've
tried the latest gdb and it works for a while, but ends up with the error:
"Cannot find thread <n>: invalid thread handle"

I've just now restore my entire system from a TrueImage backup from
January (0.16).   If this fixes the problem, I'll try upgrading to 0.17
again.   If that works out, then it must have been some other change
that occurred in my system between then and now.   Possibly a Gentoo
security or other update, something that happened when I installed my
nvidia graphics card, or something else....

(fingers crossed)

--
-WD