[mythtv-users] XBox questions

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Jun 30 21:05:03 UTC 2005

I have picked up a used XBox and will be installing Linux and the XBox
MythTV frontend.  I have a few questions:

1) Does the XBox version of Linux/MythTV support HDTV output?  I know
some games are capable of HD output, but don't know if that requires
extra hardware or if it's just a matter of adjusting the timing on the
normal output.

2) I found a used IR receiver without a remote.  Is it possible to use
that with a "universal" remote, or did Microsoft use some proprietary
signal?

3) I am making my own wiring harness to plug a standard USB socket into
the XBox controller port (in order to load the hacked game-save image).
If I can't use the Microsoft IR receiver, is there a USB receiver that's
known to work with MythTV?