[mythtv-users] Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 TV Out

Paul Furtado paulyman091 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:27:25 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,
I recently purchased the Jaton Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 graphices card
because it is capable of TV-Out and uses PCI rather than AGP (My MOBO
doesnt have AGP). I would like to be able to use the TV-Out in my
mythtv box so that i dont have to watch tv on a computer screen. I
have tried simply connecting throug the RCA or S-Video port to the tv
but it is only able to show the boot loader then the screen is blank
after that. If i plug in a monitor also it will show perfect picture
on the monitor and it will show the boot loader on both but then after
the boot loader the tv shows random lines and colors. When it is
shutting don the tv shows the text sutdown commands no problem. This
all leads me to beleive that the problem has to do with the XORG
config and not the drivers. I am fairly new to linux so i do not know
what to modify or what to change it to. Any help is highly
appreciated.