[mythtv-users] jfs filesystem

Andy Heitke andy at heitkeconsulting.com
Thu Jun 30 19:19:20 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply.  I do actually have the jfsutils already installed,
but I don't think it's enough.  When I listed the files included in the
package, there are tools for formatting and checking volumes but nothing for
mounting.  It looks like jfs support has to be compiled into the kernel,
which must not have happened during the setup because I didn't create a new
jfs partition during the process.

I actually gave up trying last night because I really didn't have much
recorded anyway (since I'm pretty new to MythTV) and just formatted the
partition with ext3.  Hopefully my performance won't be hurt too much.  If
nothing else I could do one more clean install, but at this point I'm just
happy to have my system working again.

Thanks again for the reply.
Andy