[mythtv-users] Silent HDTV Front End

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:03:34 UTC 2005

On 6/30/05, Robert S. Kerr <rskerr at dsbox.com> wrote:
> Googling around on the web the other day I stumbled across this page
> http://mythhd.info/ that describes a silent HDTV capable front end for
> MythTV.
>
> It uses the COMMELL LV-660 Mini-ITX board with a VT1625 encoder (for
> HDTV YPbPr output).  I was curious if anyone has used this
> configuration, and how successful they've been with it.  Does it do a
> good job, stable rendering, etc?

I have one of the LV667T boards sitting here.  It's NOT silent since
but it can be made damn quiet for a lot less than a typical system.
It does HD and SD playback via XvMC very well.  Though you need to
jump through a few hoops to get the unichrome pro libraries and
drivers installed.

I've not gone beyond the proof of concept phase with this board, but
overall I'm pleased.  I've got a full Mythfrontend + all plugins in a
system that 1 moving part (the CPU fan).