[mythtv-users] [slightly OT] Radio Shack 15-2116 remote control

john sturgeon john.sturgeon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:27:44 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, john sturgeon <john.sturgeon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/27/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Just following up on this.
> >
> > Problem:
> >
> >         My setup is such that I "learn" the 15-2116 volume buttons
> >         from my HT-in-a-box remote.
> >
> >         However, holding down the 15-2116 volume buttons doesn't give
> >         me a corresponding volume adjustment; I only get a single
> >         "tick" of volume adjustment.
> >
> >         I want to make the 15-2116 volume button work like my
> >         HT-in-a-box remote (e.g., hold down volume buttons for
> >         multiple ticks of volume adjustment).
> >
> > Solution:
> >
> >         Don't be so timid with the learning process :).
> >
> >         I was previously just tapping my HT-in-a-box remote volume
> >         button just once to learn the remote.
> >
> >         Instead, I just held down the HT-in-a-box remote volume button
> >         for the entire "learning" time period.
> >
> > Now the volume buttons are working perfectly, and with JP1 and
> > RemoteMaster, the rest of the remote is great as well :).
> >
> > Hope this helps someone else,
> > --Rob
> >

> Rob,
>
> Thanks so much for following up on this.  All to many times people
> find the answer and don't come back to the forum to post it.  I'm
> going to try this tonight and let you know how it goes.
>
> --
> John <><

Final follow up.  It worked!  It turns out my source remote emits two
seperate IR codes, one signal first which is one tick of the volume,
then a slight (~100ms) pause, then the repeating signal.  The
procedure I used to learn the proper code was to set my 15-2116 to
learn, then point my source remote away, and press and hold the key,
then after a second turn my source remote at my 15-2116.. Viola.

Thanks again Rob,

--
John <><