[mythtv-users] Overwhelmed

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jun 30 18:06:49 UTC 2005

> > > I am planning on a DVD player and an HDTV antenna.  I know a
> > > lot of people recommend cable or satellite.
> >
> > Don't get a DVD player.  Get a DVD drive for your Myth box.
>
> Maybe, but only for the kid's rooms....the picture from my DVD
drives
> with any of the Linux players I've tried is nowhere near as good as
my
> Denon DVD player. If you care about movies get a really top notch
> player and enjoy.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
> Mark

I just got tired of having to replace the media.  I have no more DVDs
to deal with, except the ones I rent.  And those that are scratched
enough that if I really cared, I'd buy it, hook up my trusty Denon
DVD-5910 (which has a nice layer of dust on it), and watch it.

Oh, then I'd rip it and put it in myth as either an ISO or an mpg
and dare anyone to tell the difference.  The convenience of
not having to search around for it, while also being able to
watch it on any TV where I have a myth frontend FAR outweighs
the picture quality I think might have an advantage by playing
right through the DVD player itself.

Paul