[mythtv-users] Overwhelmed

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:25:26 UTC 2005

Another suggestion.  Something that worked for me was to pick a basic
system configuration and begin to iterate to what I wanted.  If you
have an old PC, 19" analog TV, or reciever, build a working system,
and then start swapping things out as you understand how things work
and what you would really like.(maybe just stereo and svideo TV
working to start).  That way you can get something working without
drowning in stuff like xorg DVI configuration, ALSA 5.1 configuration,
etc, and focus on picking the equipment piece by piece.  Eat the
elephant one spoon at a time.

Dan