[mythtv-users] Mythtv for INDIA - cant watch LiveTV

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:09:37 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Dhiraj Kamble <dhiraj81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any Indian who has got Mythtv running...
>

> i get an MPEG file when i  "cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg"
> but i cant watch LIVE TV. i have set input to "Tuner 0"
>
> i get an INPUT SIGNAL from my Cable, only when i manually set the
> frequencies using the "ivtvctl -r" command.
> It is a pain trying to find all the frequencies...
>
> this worked for me...
> "ivtvctl -r 1332"
> but dont know whether thats Hz or Khz or Mhz.
>
> 133.25 MHz is for channel S5.
>
> Is there anyway, that one can, scan for all channels, and then
> manually edit the information for them, like Channel Name and Number.

Hi Dhiraj,

I think you may want to look up ptune and ptune-ui (comes with ivtv
drivers), which allow your ivtv card (I assume you're using one, but
you may not be) to scan through all channels on the tuner, dumping the
output to a mpeg file which you can then watch to determine the
channel numbers.

If you can capture video from the command line, it would seem that
only mythtv now needs to be configured with the correct channel
settings. Using ptune-ui should give you the information you need (it
may be available from your broadcaster too). You can then enter this
information in mythtvsetup channel settings.

Nick