[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeb & Gentoo

Pete Cable petercable at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:35:08 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, Daniel Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:
> I think portage installs it into /usr/share/webapps/mythweb; I just cp'd
> it from there to /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb and it works fine.
> You can also put the mythweb contents in the root directory of your web
> server if that's all it will be serving up.

Portage does in fact install to /usr/share/webapps/mythweb, but then
it runs webapp-config which creates hard links to these files in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb. You should be able to find/edit any
of mythweb's files there. In order to enable php for apache, see
/etc/conf.d/apache (or apache2, depending on what you have installed)
and add "-D PHP4" (again, this depends on your installation...could be
PHP5) to tell apache to start with php support. For some of the
functions in mythweb you may need to edit your php.ini
(/etc/apache2/conf/php.ini), at least I seem to remember having to do
so.

If you ever need to find where portage stuffed a package's files in
the future, just emerge gentoolkit and use equery:

# equery f mythweb
[ Searching for packages matching mythweb... ]
www-apps/mythweb-0.18.1
* Contents of www-apps/mythweb-0.18.1:
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/mythweb-0.18.1
/usr/share/doc/mythweb-0.18.1/README.gz
/usr/share/doc/mythweb-0.18.1/TODO.gz
/usr/share/webapps
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.18.1
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.18.1/conf
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.18.1/config-files
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.18.1/hooks
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.18.1/hostroot
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.18.1/hostroot/cgi-bin
<snip>

See the man page for equery for more options, and the man page for
webapp-config if you care to see how it manages various web packages
such as mythweb.

--
Pete