[mythtv-users] Unable to tune higher channels suddenly

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 28 15:35:06 UTC 2005

Mario Limonciello wrote:

>I Have a PVR250-MCE in my machine and have been using ivtv 0.3.3y
>for quite some time without a hickup.  Recently I updated to a current
>CVS and just today realized that I'm unable to tune higher channels (as
>in the 70s or so), and that I just get this error message spit out in my
>face in dmesg:
>
>Jun 28 10:37:28 supermario tuner: TV freq (0.06) out of range (44-958)
>

>I thought perhaps something when wacky with the tuner module, so I
>downloaded a more recent version of ivtv (0.3.6s) and updated - same
>problem.
>

>Has something gone into recent CVS that I have missed requiring me to
>change a particular setting?

Sounds like you're specifying a tuner type in your module options.  It's
impossible to tell for sure what's going on without more information.
In your logs you'll see:

ivtv: version x.x.x (xxxx) loading
ivtv: Linux version: x.x.xx
ivtv: In case of problems please include the debug info
ivtv: between the START INIT IVTV and END INIT IVTV lines when
ivtv: mailing the ivtv-devel mailinglist.

(hint, hint)

Mike