[mythtv-users] Question about PVR-350 files and transcoding

astroguy67 at comcast.net astroguy67 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 15:17:13 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have a working MythTV 0.18.1 setup with FC3.  My TV card is a PV-350.  I capture programs using 720x480 MPEG PS.  My question is this, it seems that the NUV file format is not recognizable by a couple of the utiilities.   I want to burn the programs onto a DVD.  I have nuvexport installed and it seems to work... almost.  The problem is that when I specify the file to transcode, the program says that the file cannot be opened.   I can the same error with avidemux2, it cannot open the source file.

When I use the DVD burn script in the MythTV.org docs, using mkfifo, mpegdesc, and dvdauthor, I can output the .nuv file to video and audio directories for burning to DVD (although the audio directory is empty).  I have burned the files to a DVD and they run on a Windows computer, but the DVD directory can't be read by a DVD player (I know that I probably have to use growisofs or mkisofs to reformat the files into the correct iso image to burn.

What can I look at to figure out why nuvexport and avidemux2 keep choking on the NUV files?

Thanks,

-Jim McKay