[mythtv-users] TV Freezes UPDATE

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:40:04 UTC 2005

On 6/25/05, Sam G. Krupa <sammykrupa at comcast.net> wrote:
> Soon after sending out this message:
>
> ""When in mythfrontend I hit the "Watch TV" thing and the TV plays
> for about 3 seconds (it looks good), then it freezes (it goes back to
> the main mythfrontend window soon after)! I am running Fedora Core 3
> with a Huappauge 250 and a Nvidia video card (using TV out). Any help?
>
> Also, I see something of a colored frame around the screen only when
> using watch TV. Any way to fix that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sam Krupa""
>
> I tried watching TV again and after playing for about 2 seconds the
> TV stream turned off and a warning said "Error displaying video."
> Does that help fix my problem?

Which version of ivtv? I'm on Gentoo so I don't follow the Fedora
setup stuff much.

Check dmesg and get the portion between the two obvious IVTV define
lines. It's a fairly large section. Check that it's really seeing your
card. I've had the same problems with some versions of ivtv on my 250.
I'm currently using 0.3.6p which is fairly new along with letting udev
completely do the setup. It's working pretty well but I haven't
rebooted enough times to feel I can say it will install every time.

Good luck,
Mark