[mythtv-users] Can not open card #0

tcase tony at cases.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 20:51:18 UTC 2005

Hi all
I am installing Mythtv onto a Shuttle with a Nebula PCI card.  I have followed
the "Nebula linux-2.6 howto" for FC3.
All the steps seem to have gone OK and I have ended up with Kernel
2.6.11-1.14FC3.  In particular, the /etc/udev/rules.d/51-dvb.rules are in
place and udev is being started at boot-up.  On trying to configure the card
I get the message 'unable to open card #0' and if I try to select other card
numbers it reports no such file or directory.  /dev/dvb contains just one
directory, adapter 0.
	Is this udev not doing what it should or should I be looking somewhere else ?
		TC