[mythtv-users] Any troubleshooting info available for mysql & myth?

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Fri Jun 24 19:25:43 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am looking for some general purpose t/s info on mysql.
I've been running myth for about a week now and just recently, the setup,
frontend and backend need to be run as root in order to gain access to the
mysql db. File and directory as well as database permissions appear ok,
however when I try to run as the myth user I get errors something to the
effect of mysql access denied.
I'm assuming it's a security/permissions issue, either at the file/directory
level or internal to mysql.
I don't have any problems or concerns running myth as root but would rather
not.

I've already checked and (re) executed the setup scripts, reinstalled mysql
and checked mysql.org documentation for clues on what is wrong.
So far every thing appears as it should be.  I'll eventually determine the
problem but if anyone has had this occur, any hints/suggestions would be
welcome.

tia