[mythtv-users] Special Characters in Closed Captions

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:01:55 UTC 2005

When watching a recording on my XBox with closed captions turned on,
special characters (like the musical note when the theme song is
playing) are displayed.  However, on my FC3 frontends, those
characters just appear as a box, instead of the musical note.

What do I need to change on my FC3 boxes to see the special
characters?  I looked in the settings table, and box the xbox and the
FC3 machines are using the same OSD CC Font.

I'm in Canada, so we are talking about normal US English programming.

Thanks!